Effective solutions for complex care.
Managing chronic and complex conditions, such as Cancer, Hepatitis C, Multiple Sclerosis,
Chronic Inflammatory Disease and others requires costly specialty medications and treatment for
your members. Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy is at the center of the solution helping to drive
better patient care, which in turn promotes better adherence and minimizes disease progression
and hospital readmission - all contributing to better outcomes and cost savings.
Review our list of specialty services.
Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy leads the
nation in providing injectable, inhaled and infusion therapy as well as oral specialty
medications. Our compassionate care is far-reaching and includes:
- Delivery to the home, physician's office or other locations, such as a Walgreens Specialty
Care Center, to provide a more comfortable choice for your members
- Multidisciplinary teams to help manage and care for patients
- 24/7 clinical support for patients and providers
- Therapy management programs with demonstrated outcomes
- Local nursing support for administering medications and training for injections
- Access to a breadth of limited-distribution drugs
- Payer-based reimbursement teams with expertise across medical and pharmacy benefits
- Care for adult and pediatric patients
Care within reach.
Walgreens specialty services are
conveniently available to your members in person through community retail pharmacies and local
specialty pharmacies as well as by telephone via our centralized fulfillment pharmacies. So
your members enjoy both choice and easy access to specialty medications, including
Support that matters.
As a top provider of specialty pharmacy
services, Walgreens offers unparalleled access to more than 1,000 specialty and limited
distribution drugs. As medication administration becomes increasingly complex, we're here to
support you. Our coordinated patient management model gives you the flexibility to facilitate
care in multiple ACHC- and URAC-accredited treatment locations - expertly delivered by our
trained clinicians using established evidence-based guidelines.